6. Consider eating whole foods. Whole foods are nutritious foods having its natural compounds intact. It is neither processed nor refined. It does not contain added chemicals such as flavorings, preservatives, and other ingredients. Start eating whole foods by adding slices of fresh fruits and vegetables to each and every meal.
7. The best and healthy way of preparing poultry for a meal is to remove the visible skin and fats prior to cooking. Roast, bake or broil poultry instead of deep frying to prevent oil absorption. Among the parts, the chicken breasts contain high protein and low fat which make it the better choice cuts.
8. Water is vital to sustain a healthy life. It is recommended to drink at least 8 ounces of 8 glasses of water every day. It aids the cells, tissues, and organs to function normally. Body water deficit or dehydration can cause serious damage to kidneys and other organs which may result in mental confusion, coma and even death if not given medical intervention immediately.
9. Maintain a low-fat diet. Foods that are naturally low in fats are fruits, vegetables, beans, and grains. Make sure to check the product labels you buy from the market. Fat content label per serving should not be greater than 2 to 3 grams. It is best to choose the fat content of 1 gram of fat per 100 calories.
10. Supplement your body with iron nutrition. Iron can only be taken from food sources such as red meats, fish, poultry, cereals, leafy vegetables and raisins. It serves as a fuel to energize our body by helping in red blood cells production. Take iron-rich foods with Vitamin C for an effective iron absorption.
11. Eat a banana for breakfast is an effective weight loss plan known as Miracle Morning Banana Diet. In this diet plan, all you need is to eat the banana for breakfast; drink adequate water; no more eating after 8:00 PM and sleep before midnight. It is proven to be effective since bananas increase metabolism.
12. Include high-fiber foods in your diet plan. It is a simple means to maintain health and physical fitness. High-fiber foods can be found in whole foods such as fruits, legumes, nuts, grains, and vegetables. Fiber contents can help enhance your energy and will keep you away from diseases such as cardiovascular disease.
13. Carbohydrates do not increase weight. It is not advisable to cut down carbohydrates intake because it is the primary food source of energy and contains low fat. The side dishes eaten with rice and the spreads placed in the sandwiches are the ones that need to be limited if losing weight is your goal.
14. Treat yourself for a non-fat yogurt and combine it with your favorite fruit slices. Dairy products such as yogurt are naturally rich in Calcium to strengthen bones and vitamin A which plays a great role in making our skin beautiful. Non-fat yogurt also contains friendly bacteria known as probiotics to enhance digestive processes.
15. Drink orange juice or eat the orange every day. Citrus fruits are high in Vitamin C that can enhance our immune system which improves our resistance to infection. It also facilitates in the absorption of iron for the prevention of anemia. Other sources of vitamin C include berries, tomatoes, kiwi and green leafy vegetables.
16. Enjoy eating steamed oysters. Oysters are rich in zinc. Zinc is needed for the production of cells and repair of tissues. It also helps in the normal functioning of the immune system and the reproductive system. Zinc can also be found in other food sources such as beef and pork.
17. To have a brighter and healthier eye, eat foods rich in vitamins A, C, E, beta-carotene, and lutein. These are all antioxidants that can decrease your risk of eye problems especially the age-related macular degeneration which can
cause blindness as you grow old. It can all be taken from green leafy vegetables.
18. Don’t eat if you are not hungry. It will cause you a lot of weight. The moment you feel hungry, drink water because sometimes we respond to our thirst by eating. After drinking and you still feel the same way, eat but don’t overdo it. It slowly and enjoys your food without adding any more foods to your plate.
19. Control yourself from eating too much during holidays and parties. Foods prepared can be very mouth watery but you need to resist it by staying away from the preparation. As much as possible, set in your mind that you need to eat only nutritious foods at a nonexcessive amount.
20. Be conscious of what you are drinking. Sodas, coffee, energy drink and alcohol drinks contain a lot of calories. It concentrates more on making your belly fats bigger. When you feel thirsty, the cheapest and most helpful for your body is to grab a glass of water or diluted freshly squeezed juice instead.
21. Junk foods literally mean useless. It does not do any good to your body. It is high in sodium, calories and a lot of chemical ingredients to attract buyers with the artificial flavoring. Instead of buying junk foods for your snacks and break time, substitute it with nutritious fruits and vegetables.
22. Reduce your sugar gradually in your hot or cold drinks until you don’t need it anymore. White sugar does not contain any vitamins or minerals, and brown sugar contains a very small amount of no nutritional importance. Sugar and honey are also fattening and can cause tooth decay.
23. Give fruit or toys instead of giving candies and sweets to children as present or reward. Children as young associative learners will later associate harmful foods with good events. This might overshadow their thinking about the true value of a healthy and nutritious diet. As much as possible, practice a healthy lifestyle with the young ones.
24. It is important to be careful of how much you eat. Know the intended number of servings of packed foods before eating. Some packed noodles can be small in packages but it sometimes prepared for two or more persons. Others fail to realize this and eat the whole pack of noodles making their calories and food intake double.
25. Eat more fish. Whitefish is low in fat and oily fish has high omega 3-fatty acids. Fish oil or the omega 3-fatty acids are unsaturated oil that cannot be found in other food sources. It will help the body combat cholesterol and will help maintain a healthy heart function.
26. Omega 3-fatty acid is beneficial in getting rid of cholesterol but for those who do not like to eat oily fish can substitute Flaxseeds instead. It is a composed of Omega 3 fatty an acid which is available in the different nutrition store. You can take this once a week as your food supplement.
27. Be careful of what you buy in the grocery store, an attractive food package and the expensive price does not necessarily mean that it is healthy. Famous product endorsers can also be very convincing but you should not believe everything you see and hear from them. It is best that you have your own knowledge of what is good for you.
28. The most important thing to know about allergy is the allergen. Allergens are substances that trigger allergy which can be in the form of dust, pet’s hair, scents, pollen and smoke. Trace the pattern of your allergy. Sneezing after cleaning your house might mean that your allergens are dust.
29. Do an elimination dieting if you suspect that you are allergic to foods. Do this gradually by eliminating each food you usually eat for a period of 2 to 4 weeks to see changes. The process will be repeated in an opposite manner by introducing again the eliminated food to see if allergic symptoms will be manifested.
30. The best way to deal with the food allergy is to avoid its triggering factor. Check food labels carefully for additives that can cause you allergic reactions. If you suspect that a specific additive can cause you the allergy, avoid those as much as you can. Consider fresh and unprocessed foods.
31. Monitor your food intake by keeping a diary. List down all your activities including all the foods you eat. Take note if when your allergies begin to show. It may establish a connection between your allergic reactions and a particular food, or something like scents, soap, cosmetics, clothing that you wear or your pet’s fur.
32. Don’t hesitate to ask the ingredients of the menu when eating at restaurants, parties or when eating foods prepared by someone else. It is important to know this information for your own safety and precaution. Always bring with you antihistamines or anti-allergy drugs as prescribed by your doctor for emergency cases.
33. If possible, wear an ID bracelet that indicates your allergy. This will help other people know what triggers your allergic reactions in cases of emergency. You may also consider telling your family members, officemates and friends about your allergies before going to a buffet. In this case, they can alert you of the food you should not take.
34. It is important to seek help from experts such as allergist or immunologist for better diagnosis and treatment of your allergies. They may perform several tests to identify the specific triggering factors. They will also provide you medical prescription suited for you.
35. It is best to check if you manifest signs and symptoms of allergies in the widely known food allergens such as soy, milk, peanuts, seafoods and eggs. If it causes you itchiness, sneezing, swelling and hives; keep it away from your home and avoid these as much as possible.
36. As soon as you discover that you have the food allergy, you need to adjust your meal plan as well as your nutritional intake. By getting rid of the triggering foods, you may need to supplement the nutrients lost. Diet modifications are necessary but still observe a well-balanced diet maintain a healthy body without the food that triggers your allergy.
37. Sometimes the food allergens are your favorite foods which could be more difficult for you to get rid of. Try to condition your mind that foods and additives that can trigger your allergies are not edible. In this way, you can gradually avoid the temptation of eating or tasting bits.
38. It is better not to eat any kinds of nuts even if you are aware of the specific type of nut you are allergic to. Determine carefully the content of what you are buying because nuts are not only present in some food products but are also used as ingredients in shampoos, soaps, and lotions.
39. Stress, tension and anxiety can also trigger allergies. Try to determine the causes and deal with it by relaxation, meditation, reflection and other kinds of coping technique. Drink milk before sleeping at night it can greatly contribute to a good rest thus decreases your potential to be stressed out.
40. Always be ready because allergic reactions may occur anytime and anywhere. Imagine different situations in advance about having the allergy and how you can handle it if you are away from your home. This will help you prepare and think for your safety first than panic and not do anything at all.
41. If your children have food allergies, teach them not to accept any food given by their friends, classmates or anyone without your confirmation. Let them know what they are allergic to and the symptoms they will manifest in order for them to seek help from adults or their school clinic when it occur.
42. Avoid all kinds of milk and dairy products if you have milk allergy. Make sure to have an alternative nutrition or substitute milk nutrients by eating calcium-rich foods and Vitamin D. Consider eating more spinach and broccoli or talk to a dietician to provide you with a more planned diet.
43. Supplement yourself with vitamin C. Vitamin C functions as a natural anti-allergy. A recommended intake of 1000 mg of vitamin C taken two times a day can be a natural treatment for the relief of your allergies and asthma. It should be taken from fresh citrus fruits not canned juice or processed foods.
44. Taking a bath before going to sleep at night is recommended for those who have allergies with pollen. It is difficult to avoid pollen but reducing your
exposure can be attainable. Stay inside especially on hot, dry and windy days. Always close your windows and doors with your air conditioner on.
45. A carpeted floor is not recommended for those with dust allergies. It will trigger sneezing and itchiness continuously. Otherwise, purchase a vacuum cleaner to clean it more often. Bed covers should also be changed often to keep from setting in. Leaving your footwear outside your room is also a good idea to prevent more dust.
46. It is best not to share your bedroom with your pets especially if you have allergies. Place them in a separate room to avoid inhaling their hair and dead skin cells. Sometimes others who have different type of allergy may develop allergic reaction to pets more often to those who share bed with their pets.
47. Wear gloves and mask when dusting or cleaning your house to prevent inhalation of dust. Keep your stuffed toys or place them in a sealed plastic wrap. Always wash floor rags to prevent growth of molds. Make sure to vacuum or clean under your bed and always use a damp cloth to wipe dust off.
48. For skin allergies such as contact dermatitis, you should know the surface or texture that you are allergic to. Most common causes of skin allergies are fake jewelries, leather-made materials and metals. If you are allergic to these, make sure that you will place a cloth or cover to prevent a direct contact to your skin.
49. Wash skin surface with cool water and mild soap immediately after you developed rashes and itchiness from a known chemical irritant. Don’t scratch to prevent wound and further infection. You may use calamine lotion to treat itchiness but not in the face area or near the eyes. If rashes will continuously develop, seek medical help.
50. Have a daily workout or exercise – Exercising and a daily workout will not only give you a healthy body but also help in purifying your body and mind through the release of your aggressive endorphins and emotions. Through exercise, you can take in more oxygen allowing your body to pump blood faster.