6. Warm up before starting your workout routine - Warming up prior to starting your workout routine would give you lots of benefits. Aside from preventing certain injuries, it can also ensure that your muscles are loosened up properly. Because of that, you would be able to perform the routines the right way, and benefit from them.
7. Motivate yourself - Without the right motivation, you may not be able to reach your weight loss goals. Thus, it is best if you come up with ways to get motivated. One of the ways to do it is to imagine yourself when you have already lost weight. Aside from that, you can also list down the advantages that you can enjoy with it.
8. Inform your friends and family of your plans - Prior to taking the steps in losing weight, it is best to inform your friends and family about it. This is because they can provide you with the support you need. They can provide you encouragement, and they can also help in preventing you from eating foods that are unhealthy.
9. Dream about losing weight - Before you sleep at nights, you should dream about what you would look like when you lose weight. You should picture yourself and the other things that you would enjoy when you already lost some pounds. This would help you get motivated just before sleeping, which would help you start your day the following morning, thinking about the things to do to lose weight.
10. Take a picture of yourself prior to taking the initial steps in losing weight - One of the best ways to monitor your progress is to take a picture of yourself just before you start. By doing this, you can compare it with a new image after weeks of doing certain things, which can help you lose weight. Thus, it is also best if you take pictures each time you lose a certain amount of weight.
11. Chew your food thoroughly - When you chew your food thoroughly, you would not just enjoy your food better, but it can also help you lose weight. This is because doing that would prolong your time of eating, which would provide your body a chance to distinguish being full. In short, when you eat slower, you would be consuming lesser amounts of foods, than eating faster.
12. Avoid sitting down for long periods of time - Sitting down for long periods of time can develop back or neck pain. Aside from that, it can also prevent you from losing weight. However, if you cannot avoid it, you can still help yourself lose weight by walking around the hallways from time to time. You can also walk around the building during lunch and break times.
13. Make use of your feet instead of your hands - It is always better to stand and make use of your feet instead of your hands so that you would lose weight. An example for this is when you need to communicate something to your colleague, who is just a few meters away from you. Walk towards him instead of using your email, so that you can burn some calories in the process.
14. Use the stairs instead of the elevator - When you are on your way to your office, which is located at a certain floor inside the building, make it a point to use the stairs instead of the elevator. This would help you burn more calories and lose weight. Do this every day, so that you can achieve your goals soon.
15. Park your car a few blocks away from your destination - Whether you are going to a grocery store or to your office, parking it a few blocks away from your destination would help you lose weight. Doing this would let you get some exercise, by walking a few meters to get to your destination. Aside from that, it would also help you in saving some gasoline.
16. Play with your kids more - Losing weight can be fun, especially if you have kids who are longing to spend more time with you. Schedule a playtime with them each day, such as after your work or during your lunch time if you go home. When you play with your kids, since it is fun, you won’t even notice that you are already burning more fats and calories.
17. Become a do-it-yourself person - Doing lots of things by yourself can help you lose weight. Thus, becoming a DIY person would help you in achieving your goals. What you can do is to take a look around your place, and see if there are things that need to be repaired, and do it yourself. Aside from that, you can also think of certain projects for you home, and do it from scratch, or check for DIY kits in the market.
18. Wash your car - Your car needs washing on a regular basis to keep in clean. To lose weight, instead of taking it to car washing stations, you should wash it yourself, so that you can get more exercise. Make sure to do it properly, so that you can lose weight and have a shiny vehicle as well.
19. Clean the house - Cleaning the house yourself, won’t just help in making it more beautiful, but it can also help you lose weight. Make this a regular activity, in which you can do it every weekend or so. When you do it on a regular basis, you can eventually set a routine that you can follow easily.
20. Organize the things inside your house - Organizing the things inside your house can help you lose weight. This could involve activities like arranging your books, appliances, as well as your furniture. Do it yourself, so that you would also be able to apply your own artistic sense. With that, you won’t just be losing weight, but also improve the ambiance of your place.
21. Water the plants with the use of pail and dipper - Whether you like to care for plants or not, you should water them every day. Doing that will not just make the plants grow faster, but it can also help you lose weight. Make use of a pail and a dipper instead of a water sprinkler, so that you can do it while getting some exercise.
22. Eat oatmeal - Eating oatmeal can greatly help you in losing weight, especially if you do it in the morning. Oats are actually loaded with dietary fiber, which can naturally suppress your appetite. Aside from that, due to its high fiber content, it can also make your body burn more calories in processing it.
23. Become more conscious of portion size - The more you eat, the more you could actually gain weight. Therefore, you could still gain weight, even if you workout and eat healthy foods, if you are still providing your body with more calories than it needs. Therefore, you need to control your daily portion, so that you can lose weight.
24. Eat an apple before dinner - Eating an apple just a few minutes to eating dinner can help you lose weight since it can suppress your appetite effectively. You can also do it during snacks. It is better to include the skin, as long as the apple has been grown organically since it contains lots of essential nutrients.
25. Eat banana when you wake up in the morning - When you eat a piece of banana when you wake up, it would provide your body with the energy that it needs to jumpstart your day. Aside from that, it is also loaded with nutrients, which can help you maintain good health. More importantly, it can also help in suppressing your appetite naturally.
26. Drink water minutes before eating breakfast - Drinking water in the morning, especially before eating breakfast, can give you the feeling of being full. Thus, it can suppress your appetite to some extent. Aside from that, it can also help you cleanse your system more effectively by flushing out toxins.
27. Eat at home - When you eat outside, such as in coffee shops, restaurants, and fast food outlets, there is always a tendency for you to eat foods that can encourage weight gain. Aside from that, you are also not sure about how much oil they cook it with, and what ingredients were added. Thus, it is always better to eat at home, when it comes to losing weight, and keeping your body healthy.
28. Cook your own meals - When you cook your own meals, you can ensure that you are adding ingredients that are not fattening. Aside from that, you can also monitor the amount of salt you would be adding. Focus more on healthy recipes, though, so that you can follow a diet that is healthy and not fattening.
29. Pack food for a snack - When you work, you may want to eat a sandwich or something, whenever it is your break time. Packing food for your snack can help you ensure that you are eating healthier types of foods. Aside from that, you can also save more money along the way, since eating out for snacks can become expensive.
30. Make sure that your goals are achievable - It is very important to set goals in starting your weight loss program. However, make sure that they are achievable in a certain period of time. By doing that, you would provide yourself with more encouragement and motivation, each time you are able to reach them.
31. Buy a heart rate monitor - Monitoring your heart rate is essential in losing weight. Having a heart rate monitor with you whenever you walk, run, jog, or ride a bike, would help you ensure that you are doing your exercise routines at a pace, which can facilitate losing weight. Thus, it is best if you have this kind of device on hand very soon.
32. Do some stretching before working out - Doing some stretching routines prior to working out can help you in losing weight since it can prevent injuries. Always keep in mind that one of the main priorities in losing weight is to become healthier. If you get injured due to lack of stretching, you will need to put a stop to your activities and postpone it.
33. Stay as flexible as possible - Staying as flexible as possible can help you maintain your sights on your goals. Keep in mind that in your work, or with your family, there are certain things that may happen, which can change your daily schedule. By being flexible, it would allow you to adjust with certain changes, and still, be able to get the exercise that you need.
34. Make losing weight a competition - Losing weight can become more effective and fun if you make it a competition. Thus, it is best if you can convince someone to do it together with you. You can have your friend or your spouse as your competitor when it comes to this. After some time, check which of you is able to lose more pounds, and set a certain prize for it.
35. Get your family involved with it - Get your family involved with the activities that you need to follow to lose weight. By doing this, you would be encouraging all your love ones to attain better health. Aside from that, you can also all work together in achieving your goals, by cooking healthy meals, doing exercises together, and such.
36. Start with simpler workout routines - If you do not want to get discouraged in working out, it is best if you start with the basic routines first. Keep in mind that, since your goal is to lose weight, then basic routines can help you as much as the complex ones. Thus, stay away from the complicated routines at first, so that you can start on the right path.
37. Start at a slower pace - If you have not been exercising for quite some time, then it is best to start at a slower pace first. This would provide your body the time that it needs to adjust to the increase in physical activities. Thus, start at a slower pace first, and gradually increase it, to make it more effective.
38. Consider the needs of your body - When you workout, you should consider that your body would need some time to repair its worn out tissues. Thus, it is that you get enough rest by sleeping for at least 8 hours each night. Aside from that, your body would also need more protein, so that it can effectively build newer muscle tissues.
39. Try different things to make it more interesting - To prevent boredom, when it comes to working out, you should try different things. Try different types of equipment and activities, so that you would enjoy exercising more. Just make sure that you stay on certain routines for certain amounts of time, to provide it the chance to take effect.
40. Build the strength of your core - There are certain exercise routines, like squats, which can strengthen your core. Your core actually consists of your oblique, stomach, and back muscles; and, if you strengthen them, you would be allowing your body to become more effective in performing other routines. Aside from that, it can also prevent injuries to happen.
41. Add some pepper into your daily recipes - When you eat spicy foods, you would notice that it can make you sweat. This is because it can boost up your body’s metabolic rate. Therefore, add some pepper into your daily recipes, so as to make them taste better, and to lose weight. This is actually one of the reasons why people who love spices are leaner and healthier.
42. It is always better to have fresh fruits than fruit juices - Although fruit juices in most cases contain the nutrients that fresh fruits have, they are usually stripped down of the natural fibers. Fiber can actually provide you with lots of benefits in terms of losing weight, especially when it comes to appetite suppression. Aside from that, some companies may also add sugar to their fruit juices.
43. Cut down your consumption of alcohol - Several alcoholic beverages actually, contain lots of calories. Because of that, alcohol consumption should be cut out or at least be kept to a minimum level. Aside from that, when you drink such types of drinks, it can affect your activities the next day. Thus, it means that it can make you postpone your exercise, and stay in bed the whole day.
44. Avoid mayonnaise as much as possible - Mayonnaise contains lots of calories and fats; and, they are usually added to different types of foods that people love to eat. Lots of sandwiches are filled with mayo, as well as other foods items. Thus, it is best to be careful in ordering foods in restaurants, since they can contain lots of mayo either added to the food itself or as dressing.
45. Put a stop to visiting a coffee shop after work - Lots of people today make it a habit of dropping by the coffee shop after a long day of work. This habit can actually prevent you from losing weight. This is because tasty coffee drinks, especially those that are cold, contain lots of fats and calories. Aside from that, drinking them would also tempt you to order pastries, which can add more to your weight.
46. Sign up for a race - If you like running, then one of the best ways to speed up your progress in losing weight is to sign up for a race. This would provide you with more motivation in increasing your pace. Aside from that, since you don’t want to be the last person to cross the finish line, you would certainly see yourself training for it.
47. Make use of skimmed milk - When you compare skimmed milk and the regular kind, they are actually the same, except for the fact that the former contains lesser fats and calories than the latter. In other words, skimmed milk still has the necessary nutrients that one needs from milk such as vitamins and minerals. However, it can help you better in losing weight than drinking the regular kind.
48. Monitor your weight - Monitoring your weight is one of the things that you can do in order to motivate yourself more in losing some of it. This is especially true if you are able to lose a number of pounds each time you climb onto the weighing scale. To ensure that it is the case, then do it only once in a week or every couple of weeks.
49. If you are following a certain workout program, start with the routines you don’t like best - When you have a workout program that you need to follow, there is a possibility that you don’t like certain routines in it. To get the most from the program, perform the routines you don’t like at the start. You don’t want to do them at the last part, since you may already feel tired, and may have a tendency to skip them.
50. Reward yourself each time you lose a number of pounds - When you are able to reach your short-term goals, it is a good idea to reward yourself each time. Although losing a number of pounds can already be rewarding, treating yourself to your favorite meal, going out with your friends, or buying something new, can provide you with more motivation to continue doing the things that helped you lose weight.