51. The lifespan of your eye shadow. When you purchase an eye shadow, you should choose one that is made by a reputable manufacturer. If you are able to do that, then you can expect it to last for a couple of years. However, you should also make sure that you store it properly, in which it is situated in a place that is not full of draft or moisture.
52. The lifespan of your mascara. Mascara is pretty much the same with a liquid liner when it comes to its lifespan, which runs for only four months. Thus, it is best that you purchase a mascara wisely. If you can choose something that is a bit small, then you should stick to it, especially if you don’t use mascara that much. Just make sure to close its container tightly, so that it won’t get bad before consuming it all.
53. The lifespan of lip products. In most cases, most lip products, such as lipsticks and lip glosses can last for about 1 to 2 years. Storing it properly can ensure that it stays well until you use it all up. However, you should always try to check its smell. This is because, when it starts to have a rancid smell, then it is time to toss it out.
54. Open your make up purse every six months. If you make it a point to open up our makeup purse once in every six months, in which you would take out all its contents, then you ensure that your makeup items are all fresh. This is because it can give you a chance to see which items are already done for, or are nearing their expiry dates.
55. Achieving that natural makeup look. To achieve that radiant look, wherein people may mistake you for not wearing makeup, one of the best things you can do is to use a tinted moisturizer instead of using a foundation. This is because the tinted moisturizer will provide you with a less heavy look. Use it in conjunction with a concealer to hide imperfections.
56. A good way to use blush. If you use blush that is very close to your natural flush, then it can help you achieve the radiant look that you want. Aside from that, it can also make you look like you are not wearing any makeup at all. You can also use the blush to highlight your cheekbones to have that glowing look.
57. When to wear neutral makeup. Neutral makeup simply means wearing light blushes, eye shadows that are in natural color, as well as neutral lip shades. This style of applying makeup is best worn for school or work. It is also the kind of makeup that you want to wear, if you are going to meet the parents of your boyfriend for the first time.
58. When to wear dramatic makeup. Dramatic makeup means that you would be wearing red lips, smokey eyes, or simply dramatic combination of colors. This would be great for parties, as well as going out with your friends to discos or bars. Just make sure that you won’t overdo it, so that people can still see your face.
59. Wearing makeup near your eyes. When you wear makeup just below your eyes, you need to be gentle with it. This is because the skin under your eye area is very sensitive. Thus, if you apply too much pressure on it, it can appear wrinkled or saggy. Just apply a little amount of makeup on it though if you want to, as long as you are conscious of how you are doing it.
60. Wearing mascara and eyeliner on summer months. If you want to wear mascara during summer, you should consider the fact that the heat can easily melt down your makeup. With that, it is best if you choose a waterproof mascara and eyeliner for your summertime look, so that you won’t have to deal with smudges on the skin near your eyes.
61. The best way to start in applying eye makeup. The best way to apply eye makeup is to start with a clean skin. What you can do about it is to apply cold compress on your eyes for about 10 minutes. Doing this can actually reduce the puffiness of your eyes. After that, apply a light moisturizer so that the skin around your eyes, won’t get dried up because of the makeup.
62. Styling your eyebrows. Some people tend to forget that one of the most important features of a person’s face is her eyebrows. Therefore, you should assess it properly, so that you can apply the kind of style that would suit you best. One of the tools to style your brows is called the clipped-angle brush. Before using it, though, determine the style that you want first so that you can easily proceed.
63. The eye shadow compact. Before making use of your eyeshadow compact, make sure that you have already applied the foundation or concealer to hide imperfections. If your eye shadow compact offers you three or four different shades, keep in mind that they are made that way, since you can actually use them together. Practice blending them, though, before you attend parties so that you are assured that you are doing it right.
64. Applying the mascara. Using mascara can accentuate your eyelashes, especially if you are doing it the right way. To ensure that it is the case, when you apply mascara, you should slightly tilt your chin towards the top and lift your eyebrows. By following this position, you would be able to apply mascara without smearing.
65. Moisturizing your lips. Unless your lipstick is made to provide the needed moisture of your lips, you should make use of a lip balm prior to applying color on them. This practice can actually prevent chapped lips. Having chapped lips is not a pleasant experience since it can become painful, especially if you are not able to take care of it immediately.
66. Applying makeup while having pimples. If you have pimples and you want to apply makeup, it is actually fine. However, it is best if you go with gentler types of makeup items. This way, you won’t be irritating your skin further. Aside from that, you should refrain from picking your pimples while using makeup, since it can worsen the situation.
67. Caring for your skin. If you are the type of person who usually wears makeup almost every day, then you should take care of your skin properly. One of the things you can do is to get a facial once a month. By doing this, your skin would be revitalized and purified. When that is achieved, it would become more radiant and won’t get easily irritated with certain makeup items.
68. Your daily makeup. Wear a daily makeup that is simple and light, so that you won’t put too many chemicals on your skin. Keep in mind that most makeup products are loaded with synthetic substances, which can harm your skin. Thus, it is best to stay on the safe side, and just use heavy makeup, when you are attending a party or going out with your friends.
69. Applying foundation. When applying mineral or liquid foundation, it is best that you make use of a foundation brush. This way, you can ensure that you can balance the tones of your neck and your face. Choose a foundation brush that is made of good quality, and has flat and long bristles, so that you can apply foundation with ease.
70. Using the right face brushes. It is important that you make use of the right types of brushes for every makeup item that is intended for your face. For example, a concealer brush is used for the concealer, so that you can properly hide pimples and other imperfections. Aside from that, the blusher brush is used to color the cheeks. Use the proper brush, so that you can apply your face makeup properly.
71. Applying makeup for the eyes. The eyes are the windows of your soul; thus, you have to apply the right kind of make up for it, so that it would help you express your feelings. You need to consider the color of your eyes when it comes to choosing the shade of your makeup, so that you would be able to effectively enhance it.
72. Different makeup brushes. There are lots of different makeup brushes that you have to acquire in order to complete your makeup kit. These brushes are usually categorized depending on the part of the face they would be applied to. Some of them would be the face brushes, the lip brushes, the eye brushes, and some are called special brushes.
73. Choosing the best concealer. Aside from making sure that you are using the concealer that is lighter than your skin tone, there are other things that you need to consider for it. For instance, you should consider its brand, since there are certain brands that certainly stand out from the rest. Aside from the brands, you should also consider the type of concealer that you want.
74. The advantages of the powder concealer. There are lots of advantages in using a concealer that is in powdered form. For instance, it looks natural even at the end of the day. Aside from that, it would still provide you the effect that you want, even after you lay on a powder foundation. Moreover, it is also lightweight.
75. Using the liquid concealer. If you want to hide some bad circles that are present in your eyes, then you want to make use of a liquid concealer. A liquid concealer is very easy to apply since you can even use your fingers for it. Aside from that, it is very effective in hiding even the darker blemishes.
76. Choosing the right eyeshadow for your eyes. When choosing the color of your eyeshadow, you should consider the color of your eyes. Thus, if you have blue eyes, then choosing the right shade of blue should help you enhance your beautiful eyes. To make sure that the shade perfectly matches your eye color, bring a friend with you when you shop for it.
77. Remove your makeup. When you are about to go to bed, you should make it a practice to remove your makeup. This is to ensure that your skin won’t get irritated with too much exposure to the substances that are present in your makeup. Aside from that, it can also ensure that your skin won’t get dried out.
78. Wearing eyeshadow to a party. If you have just bought a new eyeshadow to wear it for a party, you need to make sure that you are going to wear it with a dress that appropriately matches it. This is because the color of your dress can clash with the color of your eyeshadow if you are not careful. Plan it well, so that you would look as stunning as you want to be.
79. Wearing bright makeup. If you are going to wear bright lips, bright cheeks, and bright eyeshadow, then you may be overdoing it, and get your face covered with all our bright makeup. You need to achieve balance when wearing bright makeup. Thus, if you are wearing bright makeup for your eyes, then wear something neutral for your lips.
80. Achieving a beautiful eye makeup. To achieve a beautiful eye makeup effect, you need to have a concealer, eyeshadow base, eye pencil, mascara, and eye shadow brushes. To achieve a more radiant effect, you need to use all these materials properly. Aside from that, you should also take note of the proper sequence of using them.
81. Explore. Once you have gotten more comfortable in applying makeup on your face, you should not be afraid of experimenting with different looks. By doing that, it actually provides you with more practice. Aside from that, it also gives you a chance to identify the best makeup style for your personality.
82. Finding the most affordable makeup products. If you want to find the most affordable makeup kits, what you can do is to explore the internet for them. Such kits are actually offered by various online stores at discounted prices. All you have to do is to find them through your search engine. To make sure that the makeup items are of good quality, don’t forget to check out reviews about them.
83. Wearing a lip liner if you are a guy. There is nothing wrong if you wear a lip liner if you are a guy, especially if you perform on stage. In fact, there are even real men who wear lipstick on a regular basis. If you want to try it out, though, one of the things that you need to take note of, when buying the lip liner, is to choose something that is a bit darker than your normal lip color.
84. Preventing eyeshadow from creasing. Having a creasing eyeshadow is not a pleasant experience. What you can do to prevent it is to make use of a reliable eye shadow primer. Choose one that is made by a reputable company, so that you are assured that your eye shadow won’t fade. Aside from that, though, a good primer can also make your eyes look more vibrant.
85. Enhancing your eyes with a concealer. A concealer is something that you can use to enhance your eyes aside from hiding your lower eye circles. Since the concealer can brighten up your eye area, your eyes would be emphasized. Just pair it up with mascara, though, and curl up your eyelashes to provide you with a more youthful look.
86. Applying a dark eyeliner properly. Applying a dark eyeliner can be tricky since it can make your eyes look smaller if not done right. To make sure that you can emphasize the beauty of your eyes, the dark eyeliner should be applied on the lower lash line, instead of the inner rim of your eyes. Don’t extend it to the inner corner, since it would make your eyes shrink.
87. Choosing eyeshadow for brown eyes. Having brown eyes can make it easier for you to choose the color of your eyeshadow since that eye color can go with almost anything. However, if you want one that would suit your eye color best, then you should go with purple or green colored eye shadows.
88. Choosing the right type of eye shadow. When you are shopping for a new eye shadow, you need to be aware that they are available in different kinds. In general, eye shadows are available in cream, stick, powder, and mineral forms. Choosing between these kinds would depend on your preferences, though, but it is also wise to know their differences.
89. The shape of your eyebrow. Different haircuts go best with different women. This concept also applies to choosing the shape of your eyebrow. To determine the best eyebrow shape for you, one of the things that you can consider for it is the shape of your face. In general, faces can be oval, square, heart, or round shaped.
90. In shaping your eyebrows. One of the things that you need to remember about shaping your eyebrows is that, they don’t have to look like twins. They should look more like sisters, in which they should complement each other. Aside from that, you should not over pluck since it can take some time to grow your eyebrows back.
91. Choosing between neutral and dramatic eye shadows. Wearing eye shadow should be in accordance with the kind of event that you are attending. In general though, dramatic eye shadows should be worn during nighttime, especially on parties. On the other hand, neutral eye shadow should be worn for daytime such as at your office or at school.
92. What you can do with thin eyebrows. If you have thin eyebrows naturally or due to over plucking, you can make use of different types of eyebrow fillers for it. One example of it would be the eyebrow pencil, which you can use like you are drawing individual hairs, to compensate your lack of eyebrows. Don’t apply too much pressure though, since it would appear unnatural.
93. Using eyebrow fillers. Whatever type of eyebrow filler you are going to use, it is very important that you match it with your hair color. However, if you have black hair, you should go for a dark brown color for your filler. This is because using black color could make your eyebrow look too harsh.
94. Having a heart shape face. If your face is heart-shaped, you should come up with rounded brows, since it would make your look more feminine and elegant. The rounded brows would emphasize your heart shape face. Whatever shape your face has though, it is best if you use an eyebrow gel in setting your brows.
95. How to start having a winged eyeliner. First and foremost, you should use a liquid liner to achieve the winged look. When it comes to applying it, it is good if you find a flat surface to rest your elbow on. This would help to steady your hand. Start at the inner side of your eye and get as close as you can to the lash line, while applying a line that is thin. This should help you in starting it right
96. Choosing the right kind of eyeliner. One of the things you need to consider when choosing an eyeliner is its kind. The choices that you have would include the liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, cream eyeliner, and mineral based eyeliner. It is best that you become more familiar with each of them, so that you can choose accordingly.
97. False eyelashes. If you want to enhance the looks of your eyes by wearing false eyelashes, you should know certain things about them first. One of the things you need to take note of is the fact that most false eyelashes are too long for comfort. Thus, you may have to trim them down after purchasing them. Do it slowly, though, so that they won’t become too short.
98. Thickening your lashes with mascara. There are different types of mascaras available today, and one of them can help you add more volume to sparse lashes. All you have to do is to choose a mascara, which features a thickening formula to achieve what you want. Such products usually come with all the instructions that you need to follow.
99. Heated eyelash curlers. To curl your eyelashes, one of the things that you can make use of is the eyelash curler. However, if you want to speed things up, then you should opt for a heated eyelash curler. Such types of eyelash curler are usually battery operated and have plates that would heat up when turned on. This tool would allow you to skip the step of heating up your curler in preparing it for the job.
100. Taking care of your waterline. Your waterline is actually found just right above your lower lashes, which can also be considered to be at your inner eye. The best type of eyeliner for it is the one that is in pencil form but is waterproof. When you use this type of eyeliner, you can apply it smoothly and it would prevent smudging.