1. Watch professional golf players play the game.
If you want to become a golf player, it is a good idea to watch professional golf players playing the sport. When you watch them, you would become more inspired in getting better with your game. Aside from that, you could also take note how they carry themselves on the field, as well as how they make their swings.
2. Find a playing partners
Playing golf is interesting, especially if you do it together with a friend. Find a friend who also wants to learn how to play golf, so that you can each share some pointers. Aside from that, you can both boost your motivation by competing against each other from time to time.
3. Hire a trainer.
To begin learning the sport, it is best if you can hire a trainer. The professional trainer can guide you on how to execute the proper swing. Aside from that, he can also monitor how you handle yourself with each swing, and be able to make adjustments. Moreover, a trainer can provide you the guidance you need in every aspect of the game.
4. Buy a good pair of sunglasses.
Buying accessories for your newfound sport can be fun. One of the more important accessories though would be a pair of sunglasses. This is because, when playing the game, you would be doing it out in the field, when the sun is shining bright. A good pair of sunglasses would provide your eyes the protection that it needs.
5. Find a good pair of golf shoes.
There are lots of golf shoes available in the market today. However, you should know that they are not all the same. Thus, it is best if you do your research about the brands that are more preferred by professional golf players. This way, you can choose a pair of golf shoes that can really serve its purpose for a long period of time.
6. Buy golf clubs.
Having your own golf clubs is important if you are serious in playing golf. Just keep in mind though that golf clubs are pretty expensive. Therefore, you should purchase a set that are really made with the best materials. Aside from that, you should also know how to compare the different sets of clubs, so that you can choose the best ones while playing the game.
7. Find a good caddy. When you play at a certain golf course, it is best if you find a caddy that you can rely on. A good caddy should be able to give you the club you want in just a few seconds. Aside from that, he should also be someone who is easy to work with. Furthermore, once you find a good caddy, try to see if you can make him your regular
When you play at a certain golf course, it is best if you find a caddy that you can rely on. A good caddy should be able to give you the club you want in just a few seconds. Aside from that, he should also be someone who is easy to work with. Furthermore, once you find a good caddy, try to see if you can make him your regular assistant, so that you won’t have to find someone else.
8. Go for smaller golf courses at first. There are golf courses that have 18 holes, while others have only 9 holes. Aside from that, each of the innings of these golf courses may also vary in terms of their sizes, as well as in their designs. Since you are still starting out in playing the game, choose the courses that are relatively smaller first. Aside from that, visit those that offer simpler obstacles.
9. Book hotels that have or are near a golf course.
When you go on a vacation with your family, try to book a hotel that has a golf course on its own, or at least near to one. You can also do this even on business trips, as long as you have spare time. By doing this, you would be able to try out other golf courses, which are designed differently from the ones you are used to in your place.
10. Read stories about successful golf players.
Reading stories about successful players in the game of golf can be done through magazines, or even through the internet. Doing this would inspire you more in playing the game. Aside from that, you can also gather ideas on how they are able to improve on their game and follow them.
11. Take note how professionals do it. It is a good idea to visit golf courses where
It is a good idea to visit golf courses where well-known professionals enjoy the game. When you do that, you would be able to see them play golf. With that, you would be able to take note on how they would do their putting, how they execute a powerful swing, how they decide between the woods and the irons, and so on.
12. Eat a healthy diet.
Although playing golf would not require running, jumping, and, other types of activities, it is still best if you watch what you eat. This is because playing golf would still require a lot from you physically. Keep in mind that golf courses are very big pieces of land. Thus, you may often find yourself walking uphill or downhill in getting to the hole. With that, it is best if your diet can provide you with the energy that you need.
13. Try to lose weight.
If you have gained some weight than you think you should, then it is best if you lose some of them. This is because playing golf also need you to become flexible. Your flexibility can help you in executing the swing properly. Thus, eat right and get some exercise, so that you would become fitter.
14. Build your stamina.
When you watch professionals playing golf, it may be easy for you to conclude that playing it would not need you to have good stamina. On the contrary, you need to build your stamina in playing golf. This is because going from one hole to the next can become quite tiring, aside from the fact that you are going to do lots of swings. When you get tired, it might affect your judgment in selecting the clubs, as well as executing your swings. Thus, it is best if you have good stamina.
15. Develop a way to determine the direction of the wind.
Always remember that the golf ball is lightweight. Therefore, when it is in midair, the wind can easily affect the direction that it is going. Therefore, it is best if you can develop a way to determine the direction that the wind is going. By doing that, you would be able to properly target the hole by considering the wind‘s direction and speed.
16. Develop a way to determine the roughness or smoothness of the green. When you hit the ball while you are putting, you might get surprised when it slowly goes to a different direction. It is actually the grass inside the green that influences it. Aside from that, it can also affect the speed of the ball. Therefore, it is best if you check the green properly. Moreover, don’t forget that it is also possible that the green has an angle.
17. Think about playing golf at nights.
Before you go to sleep, while you are lying in bed, it is best to think about playing golf. This way, you would be more motivated in practicing your swing, and your putting the next morning. Aside from that, thinking about the sport at nights can also give you the opportunity to plan your steps in training for it.
18. Come up with a plan.
When you are about to learn how to play golf, it is a good idea to come up with a plan for it. Your plan should provide you with the guidance on the steps that you need to take in learning to play golf. This would involve hiring a trainer, going to a driving range, buying your gears and accessories, and many more.
19. Set up goals.
When you play golf, it is best if you set up goals for it. For example, your initial goal may be to finish holes in a golf course with a par; and, once you are able to hit it, you can set goals that can offer you with more challenge. Setting up goals would provide you with the challenge that you need, aside from helping you in monitoring your progress.
20. List down the things you need to bring. If you are on your way to a golf course to play the game, it is best if you can bring all the necessary things you need. Thus, you should come up with a list of things you want to bring. The list should help you check on the things you need. However, make sure not to forget checking
If you are on your way to a golf course to play the game, it is best if you can bring all the necessary things you need. Thus, you should come up with a list of things you want to bring. The list should help you check on the things you need. However, make sure not to forget checking
the list. With that, you should hang it somewhere you can easily see, such as at the door of your refrigerator.