Now that you’ve gotten your page set up perfectly and you’re happy with the way it looks and the content that is available on it, we’ll talk about the canvas page and how to create one. A canvas page lets you display external web pages with a specific Facebook application. This is perfect for many different occasions and can really come in handy.
Remember that the content that you’ll place on your canvas page is not really hosted on Facebook. It comes from an external website and will be displayed on Facebook in a 760-pixel display. The content can then be interacted with by your fans through the canvas. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to create a canvas page.
1. First, you’ll log into your Facebook account and visit www.developers.facebook.com.
2. Click on the “apps” link that you’ll see at the very top of the page on the navigation bar. This will take you to a page where you’ll see “create the new app.” Click on that; it’s located at the top right-hand corner of the page.
3. Name your application whatever you desire and then choose the language you want to use. You’ll want to read over the terms of service so you understand what is permitted and what isn’t. You don’t want to risk facing consequences for abusing the terms of service. Finally, click the “continue” button to move on.
4. Find the “edit” link which is located on the right-hand side of your computer screen. On the left column, you’ll see an option for “on Facebook.” Click that option.
5. Visit the “canvas” section and you’ll want to fill in the settings for “canvas page” and “canvas URL.” In the canvas page section, you’ll place the web address on Facebook where users will find your application. In the canvas URL section, you’ll place the URL that is where your content is located that you want to be displayed through the canvas application.
6. Finally, fill in the remainder of the information so that everything is completed and looks right. You can click on the “save changes” button when you’re finished to complete the creation of your canvas app.
This is a great way to place additional content on Facebook that you can find other applications for or to display certain website pages to your Facebook fans so that they don’t have to actually click and go to the URL in order to see it. The canvas application can be extremely useful for different businesses, and it’s not difficult to create, making it very convenient.
When your fans want to utilize the application you’ve created, they’ll be prompted to authorize it, which will allow them to see the full scope of the application and to utilize it the way it’s supposed to be utilized.
This kind of application is perfect for many different scenarios, so Facebook page owners should keep this information within close reach for those times when they need to access if quickly