You do realize, of course, that the odds of success are not in your favor. Every day thousands and thousands of internet business enterprises are launched. Of those internet businesses that will be launched today, 90% (ninety percent) will not be around in 120 days. That is right! You have no better than a 10% chance of actually making a success out of your internet business unless you can change them. Those are not very good odds. If it were a horse race, winning would be considered a long shot. That is the downside but anytime there is a downside there is always an upside. The upside, in this case, is that even though you have only a 10% chance of succeeding, you can greatly increase your odds by simply following the guidelines that have already been offered.
Day-after-day in real life, millions and millions of individuals drag themselves from the warm, warm beds, take a shower, grab a cup of coffee, and head out to their jobs all the while thinking that there has got to be an easier way to make a living. Among those millions of individuals, I would guess you know someone who has quit the ‘get-up-and-go-to-work’ grind and is making an extremely good living by working on their PCs from the comfort of their own homes.
Working from home sounds like an ideal solution to them. Many of this dissatisfied individual will quit their careers and dive head-first into internet marketing without any training, without any knowledge of what they're getting into, no education, and no promise of success. Failure is their only choice and they do not even suspect. There is a reason why most people fail. I will help you avoid these mistakes.
Naturally, success is possible. There're several individuals that do succeed in this line of work. The thing is the success does not happen by chance. And success is not just a crap shoot. Success happens because of a few extremely crucial factors.
Success happens because individuals have the right ideas about internet marketing and how it works. They don't expect to get rich quick or be able to make a killing overnight. It's unusual but for some reason, the same individuals who would not dream of starting a real world business, think they can make a go of an internet business even though they have no business background.
Individuals will go into an internet business with the idea that they no longer have to get up and go to work. They think they can simply work when they feel like it and still make a Great living. They simply don't anticipate having to work hard or work long hours. There are three reasons people fail at internet business that sticks out.
1. Wrong Perceptions about the Internet
For some unknown reason most individuals think that running a successful internet business is as simple as getting an internet site built and hanging out an ‘open for business’ sign. They could not be more wrong.
Running a successful internet business of any kind calls for self-discipline. Individuals will jump into an internet business and think that they can party all night, sleep until noon and then make a living in three or four hours sitting in front of a computer. They for some reason think that the world is just going to line up on their internet site and fork over money. It is not going to happen.
Internet businesses don't run on auto-pilot. It's true that well-established internet marketing gurus don't have to put in long, boring hours on their businesses but it's a privilege that has been earned by coming in and putting in a lot of long and demanding hours.
It did not happen overnight for them and it will not happen overnight for anyone. Most individuals are entirely unprepared for the time investment that must be made so an internet business can become successful.
2. No Business Background
All businesses have two things in common. They are a business and they must be run like businesses! The individuals who are in charge of a business need to understand acceptable practices of business.
They need to understand simple and basic ideas like acceptable overhead expenses in reference to projected revenue. Internet entrepreneurs need to understand profit and loss and what makes up each. A business degree is not necessary but it's absolutely vital to have some business background and understanding. The proof is in the numbers. Not all of internet businesses succeed, and they do not happen by chance. It takes a lot of hard work to get them up and running before you start to see a profit. It is not sensible to expect to turn a profit from a new business enterprise for several months.
You must have sufficient resources available to not only launch your business but provide for your own personal needs for an extended time period. It is called capital ‘and there's no way around the need for enough of it.
3. The right mindset just isn’t there!
The word ‘attitude’ is a crucial one when discussing internet marketing start-ups. A great attitude...a good outlook cannot ensure success but a bad attitude and a bad mindset can certainly guarantee failure.
Here are some wrong attitudes that will absolutely guarantee failure:
1. I can work when I want to. Wrong, wrong, wrong! You cannot just work when you feel like it. You have to expect to put in a lot long and extremely demanding hours of extremely hard work to make a new internet enterprise succeed.
2. I can get rich quick! You could not be more wrong and you're not only wrong but you're putting yourself in danger as well. There are trillions of crooks out there on the internet who are looking for their next easy mark and if you're looking for a quick way to get rich, you're the next mark. It’s possible to make a very comfortable living with internet marketing, but if anyone ever tells you it's quick or easy, they're lying to you.
3. I do not need a business plan. There you are...wrong yet again. Internet business is still the business. All of the same business principles apply to an online business as apply to real world business. It's imperative that you have a plan for success that's based upon these sound business principles.
4. When you have an internet business of your own, you do not have a boss. Wrong again! You're your boss. If you aren’t a great boss who sees to it that work is accomplished prompt and in full, you'll doom yourself to certain failure. Unless you are a boss who arranges a work schedule and establishes goals that must be met, you'll find yourself working at a job in the real world.