Negativity almost always results in something less that desirable. Learning to understand and control the negativity within one’s own life should be taken seriously and as a first step to making the necessary improvements to change the bad habit. When this is achieved then and only then can an individual take it upon themselves to try and defuse other possible negativities. You’ll get all the tools here.
Negativity often results in bad attitudes, poor self-esteem, aggression and a host of other undesirable characteristics.
Managing these can be an uphill task and even worse can spread like a virus to those around as generally bad attitudes are be quite contagious.
Having people on a project working together where some have bad attitudes will eventually result in the said project either stalling or turning into a nightmare for all involved.
Even in a simple study environment where negativity exists the likely hood of ever getting any studying done would be almost nil, thus causing not only the studying journey to stall but also at worst resulting in a level of rebellion that may not be controlled easily.
Relationships suffer, businesses suffer, projects stall and this is only the tip of the iceberg so to speak, thus the need to immediately eradicate any signs of negativity within the situation as soon as it becomes apparent. Some effective tools that are commonly used for this intention are as follows:
• Acknowledging the negativity is often encouraged rather than trying to side step it. Calling attention it can sometimes bring about the realization of its existence.
• Present model positive elements to emulate. This is sometimes more helpful than actually trying to physically or mentally trying to change the situation.
• Refrain from making an already negative situation into an even bigger mess.
• Using some simple physical exercises like breathing in deeply when the onset of any negativity begins.
• Focus on the strengths rather than the weakness.