When starting any copywriting, it is important that you are positive from the beginning to the end.
You need to grab their attention at the beginning and make them want more when they have finished. It is vitally important that you use your best material at both the beginning and end of your work.
So if you produce a weak finish, then your customers will walk away feeling disappointed. They will also have forgotten the strong opening that you had produced, as well as the great stuff that followed after. All they will ever remember is what a let down the end was.
So, just how do you apply this to writing copy for the web?
What you should do is to think of your web page as a story, show or performance that you are presenting. It is important that you think about the structure, and any messages you are presenting on your web pages in order to have that all-important stronger ending.
Apart from the fundamentals of good writing, impeccable spelling, good grammar and punctuation will go a long way in copywriting. The most important thing about producing good copywriting for the web is about grabbing, as well as keeping, the person’s attention, and in the end getting the result that you want.
Such results may be a sale, or it may just be an inquiry. What could be more encouraging to someone who is just starting out on an online business then to have someone sign up for their newsletter, or that they provide information relating to themselves?
The main focus in order to produce effective copywriting is as follows:-
1. Keep it short and snappy.
2. Be informative but friendly.
3. Be passionate about what you are writing on – but do not make it into a complete sales pitch.
4. Make sure that you aim it specifically at your target audience.
5. Be aware at all times of search engines.
While lengthy details relating to your company’s history and statements are undoubtedly interesting for those that are involved, it is important to remember that those who are reading your site are not trying to be selfish; they just want to know what the benefits of your product are to them. So make sure that you focus on this in your copy.
Remember that all the pages of your site are important, but the home page is the one where people will get their first impression of you. So it is vital you take particular care when producing this page.
So make sure that your web pages are written first and foremost for your visitors, and not for you.
However, if search engine rankings are important to you, then make sure that each page is focused on a particular keyword phrase. This should be a phrase which you would like to be found by a potential visitor searching for your product or service using a search engine.
But if you want to really do something that will consistently increase the number of visitors to your site; you will need to add more content. So make it a habit to add more content pages to your site regularly.
By doing this a number of good things will occur.
1. Both new visitors and subscribers will know that they have something new to look forward to when they come to your site. So in other words, they know it is important that they keep returning to your site. This only helps to increase the value of your site in the search engine rankings as well.
2. Each new page you include may be indexed by Google and the other major search engines and will be listed on their results pages. Also, by taking a little time in researching relevant keywords and keyword phrases, you will be optimizing these new pages, which in turn will achieve a much higher page rank listing.
3. By adding more new content pages, say 2 to 3 times each week, then Google and the other search engines will take note of this. This will result in them constantly evaluating your site.
Although this is not a great way to create a sudden increase in the traffic to your site, it is a great way to ensure a steady growth of traffic and visitors to it instead.
Including fresh content to your site not only adds value but also increases the amount of search traffic that it will receive.
So as long as you take time over producing the best copywriting for the web that you can, you should hopefully succeed in achieving your goals.
Well, that was it. I hope you have learned something new in this new Guide.
Good luck with your future online ventures and your copywriting on the Web!